Monday, June 14, 2010

Vacation

Dear Mom,

Now is the time people are going on vacations. I’m good to stay home. Must have inherited that from you and Dad as I don’t think we ever went on a family vacation. Maybe you and Dad did with Suzanne and Warren. I have a glimpse of a memory going to Elephant Rock State Park for a day, but I’m not sure if it’s a real memory or one from a photograph.

I never took my kids on a vacation, but their dad did which made me feel less guilty then. I did take them to – ta dah – Elephant Rock State Park and maybe camping. Uncle Mart and Aunt Tish and Jeannie would take me along sometimes when they camped at Montauk State Park. I have such fond memories. I’m sure you were glad to get me out of your hair.

Norm took all of us on a family vacation one year to St. Maarten at Christmas. Casey lives in California (his first or second year away from home) and I had to tell him not to come home because Norm, the girls and I were going to St. Maarten. It broke my heart all to bits. We landed and we’re walking through the airport when I glanced over and saw a young man who looked like my Casey but I thought I was hallucinating since I felt so bad about him not being with us. As we got closer, we couldn’t believe it WAS our Casey and did the tears flow! That Norm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I don't always comment back, but I do appreciate it.