I feel quite blessed as I have been honored again with blog awards.
I'd like to thank Jess at Praise, Prayers, and Observations for The Liebster Blog Award. I met Jess when I was doing the Letter Writing Challenge. We've become pen-pals and have so much in common, you'd think we're twins.
Here are the official rules for Liebster Blog Award:
- If you are nominated for the award and accept it, then you have won!
- Thank the person who nominated you by linking back to their blog.
- Nominate 5 blogs with less than 200 followers.
- Let the nominees know by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Add the award image to your site (use an image widget to place at bottom/side of blog).
I'd like to thank Monique at Bends in the Road for The Versatile Blogger Award. I met Monique when I took the April Platform Challenge. I admire Monique for her courage in moving forward even when dealing with health issues.
Here are the "official rules" for The Versatile Blogger Award:
- Nominate 15 bloggers for the award.
- In the same post, add the award; (use an image widget to place at bottom/side of blog).
- Thank the blogger that nominated you, and give the link back to their blog.
- Share 7 random things about yourself.
- Include the rules in the post.
- Inform every blogger that you nominated, of their nomination by leaving a comment on their blog
- Inform bloggers to leave their blog information at http://versatilebloggeraward.wordpress.com/vba-winners/
In my first nomination I used the theme of music, the second I used body parts, the third I followed what the blogger who awarded me the award by what she talked about. So this time, I shall make the theme about food. Here's my seven random things...
- I consider myself a good cook (thanks to lots of practice) and have two food blogs (Lynn, What's For Dinner? and Lynn, What's For Dessert? but I haven't been blogging on them since I participated in NaNoWriMo... yeah, back in November).
- I love watermelon. I could eat it all day, every day. There's a story about watermelon that my mom told me and it's the only one I can remember that she actually told me. All the other stories about her come by way of someone else... at least what I can remember anyway.
- I'm pretty sure I'm an emotional eater. I eat when I'm happy... when I'm sad... when I'm tired... when I'm full of energy... when I'm bored.... The only time I don't eat is when I'm severely depressed and I'm incredibly grateful for that not being the case in a long time. So, yeah, I like to eat. But I love to cook for people even more.
- I'm on the search for the perfect malt ball. I'm a malt ball connoisseur. I have my own little test on how to determine if it qualifies as "the perfect malt ball" and so far, I haven't come across one... yet.
- I'm a fan of things that are chewy.
- I would love to grow my own vegetables/fruit, but that would mean I'd be feeding the wild animals in my yard even more since they eat all my other plants.
- I'm the pie maker in my family. Last fall I taught my niece how to make cherry pie, crust and all. I'd probably teach anyone how to cook/bake something if they asked.
Sam at TheLateNightSnack
Claudia at CKSWarriorQueen
Pat at CritterAlley
Lauri at YourImaginationIsYourLimit
Misky at MiskCooks or MiskMask
Thank you again Jess and Monique - I appreciate your friendship. Happy blogging, happy awards!
Connect with me on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. Sign up for free email updates from this blog in the top right-hand corner of the page.