Friday, May 7, 2010

Scattered Brain

Dear Mom,

I thought menopause was causing my scattered brain, but I just remembered a time when I was in my early twenties, married to husband number one for about a year. We had just moved to Corpus Christi and had been eating at McDonald’s. We left and after we were on the road for a bit, I realized I had forgotten my purse. The husband turns around, we pull in and I jump out to get my purse. It’s not where I left it, so I stand in line to ask the folks behind the counter. I had never done anything like this before. I guess it was taking too long because husband marches in, past the line of people and shouts, “Did you find a purse, brown in color?”

The guy behind the counter bends down and grabs something, holds it up and says, “You mean this?”

Husband snatches the purse, glares at me, storms out and I sheepishly follow. He proceeds to tell me that I’m a moron or something along those lines and why didn’t I just go up and ask rather than wait in line.

Mom, to me it seemed like the right thing to do, wait my turn.

I saw a side of that husband that day I didn’t like and I’m sure it was the start of all the things that came tumbling down to end the marriage.

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting. I don't always comment back, but I do appreciate it.