Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Wandering Mind

Dear Mom,

Did you ever have one of those days where you can’t seem to concentrate and your mind keeps wandering off, and you pull it back in? It takes a walk down one path, comes to a turn off, and heads on that path. Next thing you know it’s lost.

The Spirea in my yard is in bloom and seems to be a late bloomer compared to the other’s I’ve seen around town. This is the bush I talked about (Here Comes the Bride) when I was a kid. I planted something next to it with dark leaves and had no idea it was going to turn into a bush. Two years ago, that dark leaved plant sat just a foot high. It’s kind of similar to the Bridal Bouquet (found out that’s what they really call that variety). This dark leaved bush must be the pink version. You’d think I’d be better at remembering names of plants, but there’s too many.

The information in there, like the wandering mind, gets lost too!

Bridal Bouquet Spirea

The two together

The pink bouquet

3 comments:

  1. What beautiful pictures! This is such a gorgeous time of year, isn't it?

    Pat
    www.critteralley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I bet your whole yard is like that. I wish I had a green thumb, but I'm more along the lines of a serial plant killer. I do have Knock-out roses that flourish in spite of me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I don't always comment back, but I do appreciate it.