I have so many things to share with you, I don’t know where to start. I’m preparing to leave for a trip to Minnesota for a spiritual seminar and to visit my niece and her partner. I’m so excited.
Now for my other exciting news to share.
• Storm Country: A Tribute to Joplin anthology will be out pretty soon. This is the book that published my story “Geoffrey” and I’m pretty sure you remember how worried I was about Geoffrey when that tornado hit. I pre-ordered 50 copies with the hopes that my family and friends will want to support this awesome project. All proceeds go to the Joplin School District libraries to replace books that were lost due to the devastating tornado that hit Joplin last May. The book is $10. I plan to do some book signings with some other authors (Linda O'Connell, Pat Wahler and Donna Volkennant), so stay tuned.
• My daughter Rita is going to be in a craft show on Saturday, October 22nd from 10am-4pm. I’m a little bummed because I won’t be able to make it as I’ll be out of town. However, I get to see all the cute, snazzy things she creates. I hope it’s a success. Her and her two friends have been working hard. They’re calling their table: Toe Jam. You can also check out Rita's blog that shows some of her crafts.
Home Schooler Craft Fair
West County Assembly of God
13431 N. Outer 40 Road
Chesterfield, MO 63017
• My friend Sioux’s story has been accepted in Chicken Soup for the Soul, The Magic of Mothers & Daughters. I can’t wait to read her story.
• My friend Mark (an old grade school friend) wrote a movie called “The Christmas Pageant” starring Melissa Gilbert and Edward Hermann. It airs on the Hallmark Channel on Sunday, December 11, 8:00 pm. Eastern and 7:00 pm Central. I’m really excited for Mark and can’t wait to get cozy on the couch and watch it. He told me one of the character’s names is Vera! Your name! He needed something old fashioned and liked your name. How about that?
• Another friend, Dianna has launched her new business, 2 Rivers Communications & Design. I just love it when people follow their calling and go for it! I have no doubt Dianna will be a huge success.
• I also won two books via other blogs. The first one (and it was the first time I ever won anything on a blog) was from Donna Volkenannt. I received Cup of Comfort for Breast Cancer Survivors. The book was donated by Alice Muschany. She had written a piece that's in the book, and well that put a lump in my throat and caused crocodile tears to run down my cheeks. The second book I won came from the Missouri Writers Guild Conference blog—they’ve been interviewing key authors that will be part of the conference coming up in April. I’ll be anxious to read Best Staged Plans by Claire Cook. So a big thank you to Donna and MWG!
I feel like I am so lucky to be surrounded by such talented, creative people and these are just a few of the many creative peeps I know. These are things that have just recently happened. I'm sure I've missed something. I will have to write you again with more.
I’ll be gone for a while, but know I love you always!