Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Most Beautiful Bride

Dear Mom,

On Saturday, May 12, my step-son, Todd was married to Sam. I know all brides are beautiful, but Sam had to be the most beautiful bride I've ever seen. She truly glowed. There was no 'look how beautiful I am' going on, she was just her sweet adorable self.

I worried during the ceremony that Sam or Todd would pass out from nerves, but they held it together. Then they each read their vows, that they wrote. Todd opened everyone's hearts with his raw honesty proclaiming how Sam's love made him whole. I doubt there was a dry eye in the place. Then Sam opened those hearts even further with her promises of love to Todd. I really can't remember hearing more beautiful sentiments being said to one another.


I couldn't help but think after I listened to their words that, as a writer, as long as one speaks from the heart, it can only touch one's heart.

Congratulations to Todd and Sam - may you touch one another's heart for the rest of your lives.

Here they are after the ceremony

Here's Todd's oldest son, Jack

And the twin's, Lucas and Lily

Here's Lily and her cousin, Logan during the ceremony

P.S. Sam, seriously, you were the most beautiful bride.

14 comments:

  1. Sam chose a gorgeous dress, and yes, she looked beautiful.

    And you're right, Lynn. When we write honestly from our heart, it almost always has a huge impact.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, congrats! They all look so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWWWWW, thanks!!!!! I agree with you, she is the most beautiful bride I've ever see either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lynn, what a beautiful post! I enjoyed the pictures and hearing about the wedding. Congratulations, Todd and Sam!

    I like what you wrote about things being said from the heart speak to the heart. You can't go wrong then, can you?

    Hugs,

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynn,
    Thank you so much for the thoughtful words. It meant the world to us to be able to express how we feel about each other in the presence of the people that we truly love. In addition, thank you for even more fantastic pictures. I want to have as many memories from that day as utterly possible! See you very soon!

    Love,
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful bride, beautiful wedding, oh that gorgeous dress! Those darling children...what fun memories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pictures! Looks like it was perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed this post...written from the heart. Beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! The bride, the groom, and their future. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How wonderful! Best wishes to the happy couple!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely couple. Wishing them all the best!

    Pat
    Critter Alley

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both bride and groom look radiant. The children are beautiful, and Lucas looks like he is ready to party!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Isn’t it wonderful to be part of such a happy day in the midst of everyday life? We are on baby watch here as my daughter Kerstin is days away from having her second child. I started off with 3 children and now I have 7-almost 8 in my family. Lovely how families grow. Now there are more people to love. Much happiness to the new couple and their children. (and, of course, to you)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for all the lovely comments and nice compliments. xxxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I don't always comment back, but I do appreciate it.