Friday, January 23, 2015

Blogger Slacker

I just want to apologize to all my blogger friends out there... those who have been gracious enough to read this blog and comment. I have been a blogger slacker. Sometimes I'll take a quick peek at one of the many blogs that I follow, but lately I've been neck deep in stuff. Aren't we all though, too busy? But I have been doing creative stuff too... like writing a letter every day and drawing every day and journaling every day.

I have a website that I'm getting ready to take down and thought I'd incorporate some of it here in this blog... hmmm. You can see for yourself. I'm a bit wordy, I'll admit, but then, hey, I am a writer. But also as a writer, we are to be concise, to the point. My husband and son feel like I babble on before I make my point. I'm thinking it's the difference between how males and females like to tell stories. The men give no details, while the women probably give too many, but... I like details.

What about you?

At any rate, I love all you bloggers out there - and all of you other peeps out there. I'll get it together, maybe... but if you really want to hear from me... just say the word and I'll write you a word or two or three...

8 comments:

  1. Lynn---What you're doing is smart--concentrating on the projects that matter to you. And anyone who's gotten one of your letters knows what a gift they are...

    So, keep on writing letters and illustrating your book. I know four women who will definitely buy a copy when it's published...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see your name come up again. It seems so many of the original bloggers I followed post rarely these days. Maybe it is one change in the world. I do not do Twitter or other short snappy posts. I think blogging was my big adventure! Thank you for times you do drop by that is all that counts...and as for details...yes, women and writers do love details, but then men often skim over the finer points causing problems later on in communication. Enough said, ha-ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's cool and amazing that you write to so many people! Some people think communication is about the exchange of information. Ha! Writers know it's about making a connection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynn, this particular part of a sentence struck me: "I'll get it together, maybe..."
    Here you are apologizing for not blogging enough......BUT you're definitely spending your time in such wonderful and creative ways...I'd say you definitely ALREADY have it together! :-)
    AND you are just about single-handedly keeping the post office from closing down!
    (concerning being a slacker blogger...that would be me! I'm attempting to get back into it and it's a good feeling because I finally WANT to again. It's not a chore...and hopefully will remain that way. Keep on keepin' on, Lynn!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynn, you are one of the most productive people I know. I personally would rather read an occasional interesting post than daily drivel that makes me feel like I've wasted my time.

    Pat
    Critter Alley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blogging is hard work! It is fun and great to connect with friends, but it is time consuming. I'm glad you're doing things you enjoy. As to the "how women tell stories," I agree with you that it is a man/woman thing. My hubby complains about the same thing. lol

    P.S. I'm on week 3 of The Artist's Way (finally!). Loving the process and the morning pages are a saving grace. Thank you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't feel bad. Blogging does take time--I've fallen way behind on my posts too, but I'm always happy to visit you and read what's going on in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lynn! I hear you will be reading at the LTYM event! Good luck!!!

    Pat
    Critter Alley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I don't always comment back, but I do appreciate it.