Monday, December 9, 2013

Christmas Meets Disco and Chicken Soup and Crafts

Dear Friends and Family,

First let me say that the book signing with Cathi LaMarche, Alice Muschany, Linda O'Connell and myself (we four St. Louis writers) who are honored to be in Gloria Gaynor's new release, We Will Survive: True Stories of Encouragement, Inspiration and the Power of Song was a complete success. Thank you everyone!!! We sold out the store's copies in the first hour and had to run to our cars and grab our own personal stash. A good signing I'm told is selling 7-10 copies. We sold 32! Plus the four I was going to pick up for a friend, that makes 36! You can also check us out in St. Louis Today (Post-Dispatch).

I was completely overwhelmed and at one point forgot how to write my name. After the event, I received an email from a grade school friend, Eddie who said, "Lynn, you looked so happy." I felt more nervous than happy, but after I thought about it, I was happy. So many friends and relatives came to support me, it made my heart sing... which is why my head can't stop singing, "I Will Survive"- it's been playing non-stop since.

Here's a few pictures from the event:

Cathi LaMarche, Linda O'Connell, Lynn Obermoeller, Alice Muschany


 Kim Coleman (an amazing survivor herself), Lynn Obermoeller

Here we are again with Donna Volkenannt in the background



I know some of you wanted to attend and had other commitments, so here's another chance only this will be a little different, hence the title of the blog post Christmas Meets Disco. On Monday, December 23 at 7:00 PM head on over to The Gelateria where Linda and I will read our stories and you can also get your signed copies of We Will Survive or bring in your copy to have it signed. And not only that, we're giving away a copy for the best dressed Christmas Meets Disco outfit. Add to the fun, you'll receive a free ornament especially designed by yours truly if you come to the event. The Gelateria has food and drink so come straight from work and relax, treat yourself and have a good time. I heard there will be chocolate too. But remember, if the weather is bad we'll be cancelling, so check back here for updates.


I'm in a critique group with four lovely ladies--Linda O'Connell, Sioux Roslawski, Tammy Goodsell and Beth Wood. They, along with some other local writers, will be signing books from various (new) Chicken Soup titles this Saturday, December 14 at Main Street Books in St. Charles. From 11-1 you can see Cathi LaMarche and Nina Miller. From 1-3 you'll spot Linda O'Connell, Tammy Goodsell and Theresa Sanders. From 3-5 get a look at Sioux Roslawski and Beth Wood. Bring a canned good and you will get a discount on your purchase. A win-win, you're helping feed someone in need and saving a few bucks.

And if you're still itching for some unique holiday gifts to buy, you can also head over to the St. Charles Community College where my daughter will be displaying her hand-made goodies. Lots of other crafters too. That's from 9-4. Make a day of it, that's what I plan to do. And if you can't make the craft fair, but still want some home-made goodies, check out Rita's egabragcrafts.com!

Christmas Meets Disco
3197 S. Grand
St. Louis, MO
Monday, December 23
7:00 PM

Chicken Soup
307 South Main
St. Charles, MO
Saturday, December 14
11:00 AM - 5:00 PM

St.Charles Community College Gymnasium
4601 Mid Rivers Mall Dr.
Cottleville, MO 63376
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM






10 comments:

  1. So awesome! Congrats on your super successful book signing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Y'all are busy, busy, busy. What fun!

    Pat
    Critter Alley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations again, Lynn. I read your story and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynn--Congratulations again. You ladies rock (or bump? or hustle?).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad it went so well! Looks like a lot going on out there! We had 6 inches of snow last night...more coming on Friday....seems to be the season for cancelations here! Hope nothing holds you guys back from your events!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Got the book today, (thank you!) and couldn't put it down this evening. Your story of survival is so inspiring. GREAT BOOK! Every woman can relate to the stories in some way, and I love the focus and tie-in to the song because life isn't about the bad things that happen, but how we live our lives after. It's one I'll read again and again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Busier than a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs! Congrats on your turnout.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Victoria - you're an inspiration!
    @Pat - aren't we all busy this time of year!
    @Donna - thanks for coming!
    @Sioux - you rock or bump or hustle too! Ha.
    @Bookie - yes, we lucked out with the weather.
    @Mary - such kind words - thank you. I feel like my story pales compared to what others had to survive! But I'm glad you liked it.
    @Val - you're so funny.
    @ all of you - thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi. I've been trying to leave a message since yesterday and Blogger keeps messing up on me. No idea why. Anyway. . . just want to say that I'm proud of you! And I wish I were close enough to show up and offer support. Please accept this virtual hug!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You do look very happy! And what a huge success! I'm so happy for you and proud of you! Happy holidays my friend! Sweet hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I don't always comment back, but I do appreciate it.