My good friend, critique/writer buddy Tammy presented me with this award, oh some weeks ago. Not sure what happened, but life gets in the way sometimes. I’ve been a very busy person lately baking… you’ll see later after this Very Inspiring Blogger Award… which I don’t think my blog is all that inspiring, but maybe the baking could be. So thank you, Tammy. I just love Tammy. Not only does she write the most awesome prose (And. I’m. Not. Just. Saying. That.), but she’s super sweet.
On to the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! The rules are these:
• Display the award on your blog
• Link back to the person who nominated you
• State 7 things about yourself
• Nominate 3 bloggers
Here are the 7 things about myself.
1) I must have inherited my mother’s genes for baking and cooking or it’s like anything else, practice, practice, practice. I do love to cook and bake. The weird thing is that I don’t taste anything while I’m cooking and sometimes I panic right before serving because I have no idea how it’s going to taste. Usually it needs salt.
2) I used to have a fear of using a public bathroom and I’m pretty sure in all the years of going to school, I never used the bathroom. I waited until I got home. Now I scope out where the bathrooms are upon entering a place and never pass up the chance to use the toilet.
3) If you've read Tammy’s number one thing about her, you’ll find that her mother broke her leg right before Tammy was born. My mom had appendicitis before I was born and apparently serious enough that we both could’ve died… but we didn’t. It was Friday the 13th – not so unlucky, now, is it?
4) I’m an introvert. I used to think something was wrong with me because when I’d meet new people, words would not come out of my mouth and if they did, it was something ridiculous and embarrassing. Once you get to know me though, and one on one, I can hardly shut up. Just ask my husband. I still say some ridiculous and embarrassing things, but I don’t freak out as much with knowing people.
5) I take things way too serious, even when they’re a joke. Just ask my husband (again). He keeps telling me I need to go to clown school. Don’t get me wrong, I’m able to take a joke, even if it’s played on me. I think I have a healthy attitude and can laugh about myself and I can be incredibly goofy. So wait, what?
6) I had a step-mother, so I was a step-child. Durp, what an observation. I have step-siblings. I am currently a step-mother and have step-children and step-grandchildren. I’m still in contact with my first step-child even though I divorced her dad some 27 years ago. “Step” always has a negative aspect to it and I only use “step” to make it clear that I didn’t birth six children, just three. But we’re all family. Once my daughter was doing a family tree for school and there were so many branches just for the immediate family that it became too complicated even for her. I have 80 first cousins… no steps in there either.
7) Do you know how hard it is to come up with 7 things about yourself? I love dancing and singing, but I can’t do either and usually don’t. Back in the day when I was a wild woman, I’d get on the dance floor, but it wasn’t pretty. Not being a wild woman, when I sing, it’s not pretty either and I’m usually asked to hush.
Now, I’m supposed to nominate three more people, but I’ve left this go for so long that I’m sure everyone I know has been nominated. If you read this blog and you are a blogger, please tell me 7 things about yourself. It’s an idea for a blog, yes? And if you’re not a blogger and want to comment about 7 things about yourself, I’d love to hear it. Really, I would.
And here is my latest baking dishes. The first four were for my daughter’s 30th birthday, which was on the 3rd of April. In addition to what you see here, I also baked her a gooey butter and a cherry pie. Well, aren’t I just the bragger baker?
Sleepy time cupcakes. Everything is edible. Those blankets are Starbursts, softened and then rolled out.
Boston Creme Pie Cupcakes - since Jessica lived in Boston for a while, they wanted these.
Spaghetti & Meatball Cupcakes. Spaghetti is one of Jessica's favorite dishes, but this doesn't taste anything like the real deal.
Oreo Cake. This looks rather dull, but inside is a surprise... it looks like a big oreo and on the top and bottom is a layer of oreos.