Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Happy 40th Obermoeller Inc.


My husband has been running his business, Obermoeller, Inc. for the past 40 years as of today! I would say that’s some accomplishment. Back when he first started his business, you’d create graphic design the old cut paste way on a drafting board, with an exacto knife. Younger generations probably have no idea what that is, much like not knowing what a rotary phone is. Times have changed and so did Obermoeller. Now things are computer generated and while most people can throw together a brochure or an ad or whatever… it helps to have an eye for design and to know what you’re doing. Obermoeller does – check them out if you get a chance.

Happy 40th!!!

food for thought: What kinds of things have you done for 40 years?

5 comments:

  1. The things I've done for (over) 40 years? Eat chocolate. Read voraciously. Write. (I was editor of our school newspaper in junior high.)

    Tell Norm congratulations for me. In this day and age, running a business for that many years--successfully--is quite an accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Congrats to Norm. That is an accomplishment. Yes, I remember the exacto knife layouts and hand painted graphic signs. Times have changed.

    For 40 years I have craved carbs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it amazing what we all including your husband at work have seen in 40 years. In a few weeks, my first born will be 40. Can't believe that either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to Norm and you. You're right about things changing over the years.

    I learned to type on a manual typewriter before we got "new" IBM typewriters in school. And there were those pesky carbon sets and white-out before copying machines and auto correct. And the abacus then the big adding machines before the calculator--wait, I'm dating myself.
    Being in business for 40 years is a huge accomplishment! It shows a willingness to learn and adjust to changing times. You and Norm should be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a huge accomplishment! I saw your post on FB and visited the site---very impressive. Did you help construct that? Tell your hubby congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I don't always comment back, but I do appreciate it.