Saturday, March 24, 2018

We Interrupt This Letter Adventure for Sunshine Blogger Award




I have no idea why Sioux from Sioux’s Page nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award… maybe she knew I’d honor her since she honored me. I know if I nominated someone, I’d want them to play along, so here I go… but I’m warning you it’s pretty boring and I don’t know how sunshiney.

Here are the grueling (as Sioux put it) requirements (although most won’t apply because I'm not playing by the requirements... sorry):

1. Thank the writer who nominated me. Thanks, Sioux.

2. Answer the questions. (Read the answers below.)

3. Nominate other bloggers for the award. (There won’t be any, sorry. I don’t know that many bloggers and those I do know have already been nominated. But if anyone reading this blog cares to answer the questions in the comments below, I'd personally LOVE to hear what you have to say, or write me!)

4. Write the same number of questions for the blogger who nominated me. (That means, I don’t have to ask any questions because I don’t have any blogger to ask.)

5. Notify the bloggers I nominated. (Oh, none to notify.)

Now, here are Sioux’s questions and my answers:

1.   What was your first singer/movie star crush?
Never had a crush on anyone.  When I was 10 or 11, I did listen to Cat Steven’s "Wild World" over and over and over, all day long. I had no idea what he looked like or anything, just had a bit of a crush on the song. (I still like music by Cat.) 

2.   If you could live anywhere else in the world, where would it be, and why?
I have no idea as I’m a home body and really have no desire to go anywhere else. But maybe New Zealand and probably because my dear friend Geoffrey was from New Zealand, but I did think I'd like to go there before I met Geoffrey.

3.   What was the riskiest thing you ever did?
(If you want to know, you'll have to write me and ask.)

4.   What great TV show or movie have you seen recently?
There are no great TV shows… and the movie I recently watched was "The Man Who Knew Too Much."  I love old movies. There's one about a little boy (who is a snooty little thing) and he falls overboard and a fishing boat picks him up and he learns pretty quick about all kinds of things and the friendship that's developed between those two is just heart warming. And of course I can't think of the actors OR the name of the movie.  Okay, I googled it:  "Captain Courageous" (1937) with Freddy Bartholomew (little boy) and Spencer Tracy (fisherman). (Good ole Google.) But just saying, that movie makes me cry every time.

5.   If you had a theme song (like Ally McBeal did), what would it be?
Who is Ally McBeal?  I’m serious. And what’s a theme song? So not knowing any of this, I would say my theme song would be Gloria Gaynor’s “I Will Survive” – is that a theme song?

6.   If you could have dinner with five famous people--either living or dead--who would be sitting at the six-top with you?
This is too hard as there are really a lot of people and since I’m not good with crowds, I only want one person sitting with me, and he may not be considered famous… but I’d want to have dinner with Harold Klemp.

7.   What would make up your favorite meal? In other words, what dishes/foods would be on the table for your favorite breakfast/lunch or dinner?
Breakfast:  My friend Sheila's "Life Changing Bread" (it's not really bread as in flour because I don't eat flour, but it is delicious with all it's seeds and nuts and yummy loving goodness.)
Lunch: Monk Curry from Monsoon’s Vietnamese Bistro
Dinner: Anything home-made. I'm thinking about Mrs. Kendagor's homemade dishes she prepared at her daughter's wedding, and my friend, Kossi who stayed with us and cooked. Oh yum. I don't know the names of those dishes, but scrumptious describes it.

8.   What book have you read recently that you would recommend?
I just finished reading Snow Falling on Cedars by David Guterson and I loved it.

9.   If you had to "travel" to another era to live, which one would you not choose, and why?
This is another tough one because even though I don’t like to travel, I find other era’s fascinating… things I did in past lives. 

10.   Describe a "brush with greatness" you had
      I’m not really sure what’s meant by that, but anytime I have a revelation of sorts—a discovery about myself—or am able to give up something I’m attached to, or let go and surrender a situation, that feels like greatness to me.

11.    What do you most enjoy about writing/blogging?
     I enjoy the discoveries (again) I encounter when I write.  Now as far as blogging—lately it has been about me and the letters I receive, so that adventure has been super fun, but I’m sure most everyone is bored to tears reading how many letters I get each day.

3 comments:

  1. Lynn--I had a crazy crush on Cat Stevens and I knew exactly what he looked like.

    Gor. Geous.

    Thanks for sharing some of you with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is fun to learn about other bloggers. I couldn't stand Ally M. Your brush with greatness was partying with GLORIA Gaynor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great questions you got from Sioux! Loved the questions AND the answers. I also loved Cat Stevens. "Wild World" was a song my brother said always reminded him of me whenever he heard it, because I moved to Las Vegas several months ahead of my parents (I was 18) to attend UNLV. I still love that song, and now I think of my brother when I hear it, because I know he thinks of me when HE hears it. lol :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I don't always comment back, but I do appreciate it.