Saturday, November 12, 2011

Storm Country and NaNoWriMo Day 12

Just another gentle reminder that this event takes place TOMORROW!

You can purchase a book for only $10 and ALL proceeds benefit the Joplin School District libraries to restore what they lost in the devastating EF5 tornado.

And for the lesser news of the day, my NaNoWriMo word count for today is 2,411.

Had to get my writing in as I want to head to Firecracker Press for a poetry reading... and they print live (on a letterpress) a piece of the poetry that the poet is reading. Totally worth the price of admission - $5. Starts at 2:00! Oh, and if you're into pastries, there's this awesome bakery right across the street!

My grand total for NaNo is 27,673. Don't be discouraged. A participant who has been doing this every year since NaNo started, some 12 or 13 years is always behind at this point, but keeps on writing. Says the end is easier (that's for you Sioux).

Keep on writing, it'll be more than you had the day before.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, yeah...You keep telling me to keep on writing. When you pass up 50,000 and there's still a week or more left in November, can you donate some words to me?

    Lynn--If you still have a book set aside for me, please bring it tomorrow evening and I will pay you for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure, I'll donate to you some words, however you may not want them :-) And my brain must not be working as I don't remember you wanting me to set a book aside for you. To keep things less complicated, I will not be bringing any of my books, the MWG will have plenty. But if they run out :-) I'm sure I can come up with a copy for you. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your story about Geoffrey. Good luck at the event.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I had made a comment on one of your posts early in NaNo--perhaps day 2 or 3-- but it's understandable. Your head is full of words and you're bent on getting them down. (My stats are still pathetic.)

    See you tomorrow evening!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I don't always comment back, but I do appreciate it.