Tuesday, April 1, 2014

This is No April Fool


If you’ve read my previous post, Ring in Spring, you’ll note that I was inspired. I’m going to do my best to “make a mark” in a journal that I’ll share each day… tall order, but sometimes it works best for me if I hold myself accountable to someone besides myself. You're it.

And this is no April Fool people.

I drew this yesterday while sitting in the car waiting. It's my hand in a fist :-)
And no, I don't have four fingers. You can't see my pinky in the drawing because
I couldn't see it when I was drawing it.

I also drew this yesterday while sitting in the car waiting.
I decided abstract is easier, as a beginner.
This by the way is my favorite word - it's a love song to God. You sing it.



Here is my "blind" attempt at a bagel. (You could look a few times.)
In the book I mention below, you're to blind draw a bagel.
I didn't have one, but this morning after my friend and I walked, 
I spotted one. I ate the bottom half and took the top half home to draw.

food for thought:  If you think you cannot draw, then you might want to pick up a copy of The Creative License by Danny Gregory. This book grabbed my attention at Ring in Spring, and naturally I had to go get a copy. My husband said, “Naturally. Big surprise there.” 


And I say, Hey, I can’t give up everything. I’ve already given up notebooks, paper and pens… errr, except the four I bought the other day knowing that I would need them for this workshop! But books? Not ready to give up those, yet.

5 comments:

  1. Nice drawings! Great to share your journal with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I envy your skills. To say I manage stick figures is overstating things. You made me smile today and I really needed it. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it wrong that I mistook your bagel for a donut? I think it says more about me than about your drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have a excellent routine going. Love your sketches!

    Pat
    Critter Alley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I don't always comment back, but I do appreciate it.