Monday, May 24, 2010

Yellow Water Iris

Dear Mom,

The water iris in our upper pond keeps sprouting seeds throughout the pond and in the yard. It seems like every time you turn around, there’s another bunch of yellow iris’ popping out of the ground. I like them, but I wished when they reseed, they’d be a different color. Now wouldn’t that be a sight? It’d be like using a 64 pack of crayons instead of coloring with just yellow.

Another flower that has been sprouting all over the back is the Black-eyed Susan. It’s my favorite. I tried growing that plant in the front where it gets all sun and never could get the plant to take hold. I gave up. At the time, the back was all shade. Then we lost a bunch of trees. Then one year up comes a mysterious plant. You can imagine my surprise when it turned out to be a Black-eyed Susan. They’re starting to take over. Norm thinks I’m secretly planting them, but I never planted one in the back. He doesn’t like them as much as I do. I think he wanted a little more variety—just like I want different colored water iris.

Mother Nature has her way and I’m all for whatever manages to birth on its own as I know it’s more likely to survive.

3 comments:

  1. The flowers are beautiful, and I must say that I like sunflowers, too!

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! You grow beautiful flowers without doing anything! I wish I had that problem. All my blooming things look bedraggled most of the time. I do try, but God didn't bless me with a green thumb. I'm very envious of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Pat and Lisa. I must admit I never had a green thumb either until I started working at it. Practice, practice, practice - no matter what it is, but trust me it's not all me - Mother Nature sure helps out immensely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I don't always comment back, but I do appreciate it.