Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter

Dear Mom,

I remember you made Jell-O Easter Eggs one year. They didn’t have molds back then. You pain stakingly blew the egg yolk from a small opening, filled it with Jell-O and after it set, you cracked it like a hard boiled egg. Voila, we had red, yellow, green and orange Jell-O eggs. Pretty impressive. I make them with molds and they can be kind of a pain.

Rita must get her creativeness from you as I never would have thought to do that, nor would I have had the patience. Knowing you, and your frugalness (another trait I inherited) every time you made breakfast with eggs, you blew the yolk out to save the shell for the Jell-O eggs.

I hope seeing the sheer delight on our faces was thanks enough.

2 comments:

  1. that was sweet mum.. and does that mean salmonella isnt in the jello?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rita, I'm sure your grandmother cleaned them out really well - I don't remember anyone getting sick :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I don't always comment back, but I do appreciate it.